Problem Ejecting USB Mass Storage Device
The device 'Generic volume' cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later.
This behavior can occur if there are open handles with any files in the USB Mass Storage Device are in use by another program.
The following Microsoft document refers to this issue; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555665
1. Download a free utility from a third-party Web site at the following address:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx (correct link as MS article above, link is broken)
2. Click Find, Find Handle or DLL in the tool menu.
- Type the drive letter of the USB device in the Handle or DLL substring textbox, and press Search Button.
- Find the process and its PID in the following box.
- In system process tree view, find the process according to the Find Handle or DLL dialog box.
- Press Ctrl + H to show Handles in Lower Pane View.
- Find the File according with the drive letter , and right click it, choose Close Handle.