Please Check Configuration
- Synching with Outlook.
- Error message: 'Please check configuration settings', or 'Please check folder settings'.
Generally, this error message indicates that the configuration process has been cancelled at some point. Typically, this happens due to either clicking through the settings tabs too fast and not allowing CompanionLink/DoubleLook to read your contact manager/Outlook programs. Several of the settings tabs do require this to happen, and it can take several minutes.
In order to correct the problem you are experiencing, you will need to delete the companionlink.ini file and then reconfigure CompanionLink/DoubleLook. This file is typically found in the following location:
For CompanionLink version 3, and Higher:
- Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\CompanionLink\CompanionLink
- Windows Vista and Seven: c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\CompanionLink\CompanionLink\
For DoubleLook (only version 3):
- Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\CompanionLink\DoubleLook
- Windows Vista and Seven: c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\CompanionLink\DoubleLook\
Please note that Application Data (AppData) is a hidden folder and that the .ini file extension is hidden by default; you will have to change Folder Options in the Windows Control Panel to allow you to see hidden files and folders as well as extensions.