Outlook for Mac 2011 and DejaOffice
CompanionLink for Mac synchronizes your Mac's Contacts/Address Book and Calendar/iCal apps with DejaOffice. You can also set up two-way sync between Outlook for Mac 2011 and these apps to keep DejaOffice and Outlook 2011 in sync.
NOTE: Microsoft has published a support article with the following information: "With OS X Mountain Lion, Apple no longer maintains active support for Sync Services. You might experience issues...". In our tests, we have seen no issues syncing between Outlook for Mac 2011 and the Apple Contact and Calendar apps in Apple's latest OS releases, OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) and OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).
If you are experiencing issues with the Outlook 2011 and Apple apps (Contacts/Address Book, Calendar/iCal, Reminders) sync not working, try the following:
- Log In/Out of your Mac user account
- You may have the sync configured to sync with the incorrect or a removed Outlook "identity". Reset Outlook Sync Services to fix the issue.
How to Set up Apple Contacts/Address Book and Calendar/iCal to sync with Outlook 2011
- Open Outlook. From the Outlook drop-down menu in the top bar, select "Preferences".
- On the bottom row of options select "Sync Services"
- Select which Outlook data sets you would like to sync with the Apple Contacts/Address Book and Calendar/iCal.
- Once you exit the setting menu the sync should start almost immediately. NOTE: There is no way to "force" the sync.
NOTE: Outlook Calendar and Tasks sync requires Outlook for Mac 2011 Service Pack 1 or higher. Microsoft AutoUpdate
Most of Outlook 2011's features will sync with DejaOffice using CompanionLink for Mac.
- Contacts, Calendar and Tasks Categories
- All contact phone fields
- Recurring calendar events, exceptions
- Calendar event and Tasks alarms
- Task priorities
Known issues with Outlook 2011, DejaOffice and OS X.
Outlook for Mac Sync Services is not supported under OSX 10.9 Mavericks. If you need Outlook sync you need to avoid upgrading to Mavericks.
Contacts in Outlook 2011, Apple Contacts/Address Book and DejaOffice
- If iCloud is enabled on the Mac, Outlook 2011 will only sync to the local "On My Mac" Contacts/Address Book account, and not with iCloud contacts. CompanionLink for Mac syncs contacts from both the iCloud and On My Mac accounts to DejaOffice.
- The Other Address field does not exist in Outlook and will not sync from Apple Contacts/Address Book or DejaOffice.
- File As, Spouse, Children and Custom fields 1-10 are not supported in Apple Contacts/Address Book, thus will not sync between Outlook and DejaOffice.
Calendar in Outlook 2011, Calendar/iCal and DejaOffice
- In OS X 10.7.4, changes made in DejaOffice and iCal will not automatically show in Outlook 2011.
- This issue does not occur in Apple's latest OS releases, OS X 10.7.5 (Lion) and OS X 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion).
Tasks in Outlook 2011, iCal/Reminders and DejaOffice
- Status, Start Date, Location, Project, Private fields are not supported in iCal Reminders, thus will not sync between Outlook and DejaOffice.
- Recurring tasks are not supported in iCal Reminders, thus will not sync between Outlook and DejaOffice. (Recurring tasks are supported in OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Reminders. CompanionLink will try and support this in a future update)
Notes in Outlook 2011, Mac and DejaOffice
- Outlook 2011 Notes does not sync with the Mac Notes app. Apple has not provided a way for 3rd party (such as CompanionLink or Microsoft) to sync with the Notes app.
For other known issues and updates visit the CompanionLink for Mac Release Notes page.