How to sync multiple Google calendars with Outlook
A common setup request is from users needing to sync multiple calendars from their PC to Google, but the information must be kept separate when it syncs back to the PC. This is managed by using Categories in Outlook that correspond to Calendars on Google.
- Open CompanionLink Setup
- Click Settings.
- Click Settings on the right under Google.
- Under "Please select which Google Calendars you would like to synchronize" that you have, either select All Calendars or Selected Calendars.
- Click OK.
- Select Advanced in the bottom left.
- Select the Category Filter Tab.
- If you have selected Selected Categories please insure that the you have selected all of your Outlook Categories that you want to synchronize.
- Otherwise select All Categories.
- Return to the main menu of CompanionLink and sync.
For each Outlook Category that you wish to sync, you will need a corresponding Google Calendar with the same name.
- Open Google Calendar in your web browser.
- Select the arrow next to "My calendars" and Create New Calendar.
- Name the Google Calendar the same as your Outlook Category.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each Outlook Category that you wish to sync.
If there are any Google Calendars that do not have corresponding Outlook Categories, CompanionLink will create them, but they do not get added to the Master Category List. To do this go to Categorize > All Categories.
Any new categories will say "(not in Master Category List)." Select a category and click "New..." to pick a color and save the category to your Master Category List.
Information added to Google Calendars will now sync to the corresponding Outlook Category and vice-versa.