How to fix - Microsoft Office 365 Outlook - There is no Default Email Client - September 2020
*9/16/20: Outlook "No Default Mail Client" Error: As of 9/16/20 we have reports of CompanionLink giving a "No Default Mail Client" error on sync. This issue appears to be caused by a bad Outlook/Windows Update. To resolve this issue, please use the following steps to run a Online Repair of Office.
*Update: 9/22/20 - Microsoft Outlook update to Build 13127.20508 does not resolve the issue.
*Update: 9/25/20: It appears it was a Microsoft Windows Update which has caused this issue. There is no solution from Miscosoft at the moment. The Online Repair a steps below does still fix this issue.
Outlook 2010/2013/2016/2019/365 Online Repair:
- Open up the Control Panel on your PC (and show All Control Panel items, if necessary) and click on Programs, then Programs and Features.
- Find Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016/2019 in the list and highlight it. (Selection may also say Microsoft Office 365)
- Right Click and select Change.
- Select Online Repair and Continue then follow the prompts.
- After the repair is finished, please restart the PC try the sync again.
- Note: Quick Repair does not fix this issue, you must run the Online Repair as outlined above.