How to find your device's UDID
Finding Your iPhone or iPad’s Unique Device Identifier (UDID)
Why do we need the UDID?
Your iPhone or iPad can only install programs that are approved by Apple. Applications in the App Store have been approved by Apple for general distribution, but beta customers get to try the app before it’s in the store. We register your UDID with Apple so they can approve our application especially for your iPhone.
How do I get my UDID?
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
- Select your device in the devices list on the left.
- In the right pane, locate the information about your device in the Summary tab, including its name, capacity, software version, serial number, etc.
- Click on the serial number to show the device's UDID. Clicking here will alternate showing the devices Serial and Identifier. The UDID/Identifier is the longer, lowercase string of numbers and letters. Make sure that is the one displaying.
- It will look something like this: c8dd39e4c9db24fabd02f4f358dfe10ede724459
- Copy the Identifier to your clipboard by choosing Edit → Copy.
- Paste the Identifier into the DejaOffice iOS Beta Program form.