How to disable Exchange Native Contact Sync on Apple Devices
Disabling Exchange Native Contact Sync
Use the following steps to disable the Exchange Native Contact sync. Disabling the Exchange Native Contact Sync will not effect any other aspect of the Native Exchange Sync. Mail, Calendars, and Notes will continue to sync normally to your Apple device.
- Open the Settings of the iPhone.
- In the Apple Settings list, find the Passwords & Accounts option and select it.
- Under the Accounts header, select Exchange.
- From the list of currently syncing data, tap the Contacts slider to disable Contacts.
- When prompted, select the option to "Delete From My iPhone" option.
- Return to DejaOffice, tap Setup Wizard, and when you return to the Native Sync options, there should now be a selectable "On My iPhone" account option.
- Warning: At step 5, be sure not to select the "Delete Account" option as this will remove the Exchange account from the phone entirely.
Forcing DejaOffice Native Sync with an Exchange Account
To force DejaOffice to display a native Exchange account for Contact Sync, use the following Steps:
- Open DejaOffice, tap Setup Wizard, and follow the prompts until you find the Native Sync screen.
- Tap and hold for 3 seconds on the Text "No contact accounts found".
You should now be able to select Native Exchange Contact Accounts for Sync. Please note that if you are already using CompanionLink to sync an Outlook that is connected to this exchange account, this will cause a Sync Loop and likely result in duplication of contacts.
Google Native Contact Sync
Due to an issue with Google Native Contact Accounts changing Record ID's, we no longer display or allow for the selection of a Google Native Contact Account in DejaOffice.