How to Switch From Samsung Kies 2 or Kies 3 to Companionlink for Outlook
Switching From Samsung Kies 2.x or 3.x to CompanionLink for Outlook
Turning off Samsung Kies 2.x Synchronization (Samsung Kies 2.x only)
Note: If your device is running Android 4.3 or higher and you have Samsung Kies 3.x installed, you can skip this section.
- Launch Samsung Kies on your PC
- Select the Sync tab
- Under Personal Information, deselect Sync Contacts, Calendar, and Task with Outlook.
- Close Samsung Kies
CompanionLink for Outlook
CompanionLink for Outlook lets you choose from multiple sync methods:
- Sync via DejaCloud
- Local Wi-Fi Sync
- Direct USB Sync (Mass Storage Mode)
1.0 Setup DejaOffice on your Android device
- Install DejaOffice from the Google Play Store (search for "DejaOffice"). Full installation instructions
- Verify that your device has an internet connection
- Open DejaOffice and press Next at the Setup Wizard
- Select the sync method (DejaCloud, Wi-Fi, or USB - Mass Storage Mode)
- At Import contacts select “Do Not Import” and press Next
- At Import Events select “Do Not Import” and press Next
- Select the shortcuts you want to create (you can also do this later), then press Next
- Then Press Done
1.1 Configuring DejaOffice to sync with the Android native contact list
- Open DejaOffice
- Press Settings
- Press Sync Settings
- Make sure “Sync with Android contacts” is selected
- Under “Contact Account” select the account where your Android contacts currently resides (by default Samsung Kies usually will sync with the “Phone” Account)
- Press the back arrow
- Press the Home icon to return to DejaOffice Home screen
1.2 Setup CompanionLink on your PC
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so.
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Select Outlook as your database
- Select Android as your device
- Select your Sync Method
- Press Settings (If Syncing via DejaCloud or WIFI)
- Enter requested sync information (i.e. DejaCloud login settings or Wi-Fi ip address and device name)
- Press Ok
1.3 How to Sync
- Depending on your sync method, make sure that your Android device is connected to your cellular network, Wi-Fi network, or via USB cable and that DejaOffice is running on the device.
- Open CompanionLink on your PC, and click the "Synchronize" button. NOTE: If syncing via USB Mass Storage Mode you will start the sync on the device. If syncing to DejaCloud, you will need to press the sync button on DejaOffice once the PC sync completes (unless using an autosync)to sync the device.
- Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within CompanionLink. Please refrain from disconnecting the device until synchronization completes.