How to Share Outlook Calendar and Contacts
If you have a Gmail account, you can share Outlook Calendar and Contacts with others. This allows anyone to view and update appointments and contact records.
- Microsoft Outlook
- Gmail account
- CompanionLink for Outlook if sharing calendar only
- CompanionLink Express if sharing contacts and calendar
Sharing Outlook Calendars
Create matching Outlook Categories and Google Calendars
- In Microsoft Outlook, create a Category to hold your shared Calendar events. Let’s title the category Shared Appointments. You can create any title, or use any existing Category in Outlook.
- Open your Internet browser and log in to your Gmail account.
- Create a new Calendar with the same title you created in Step 1. The titles and capitalization must exactly match between Google and Outlook.
- Select the option to share this Google Calendar. You can share with one person or with multiple people.
Assign Outlook Calendar events to Categories
- In Outlook, assign Calendar events that you want to share to the Shared Appointments category. This is a one-time process.
- When you create new events in the future that you want to share, simply assign to the Shared Appointments category. CompanionLink will automatically sync to the matching Google Calendar with the same title.
Set up CompanionLink on your PC to sync Outlook Categories to Google
- Download CompanionLink for Outlook to your PC
- Open CompanionLink and select Settings
- Select Outlook under the “From” section
- Select Google under the “With” section
- Select Settings under Google
- Select Selected Calendars
- Highlight all Google Calendars you wish to sync
Set up CompanionLink for every person who wants to share data. Each person must have their own Gmail account.
Sharing Outlook Contacts
You can also use CompanionLink to share Outlook contacts.
Create a Gmail account for sharing Contacts
- In Outlook create a new Contact folder called Shared Contacts
- Create one new Gmail account specifically for contacts sharing only. Every person with whom you will share contacts will use this Gmail account in CompanionLink.
Set up CompanionLink on your PC to sync shared Contacts
- Open CompanionLink and click on the Profile box in the top right-hand corner (Express or Pro versions only)
- Select Manage Profile
- Select Add
- Configure settings to sync Outlook and Google
- Select Advanced > Applications tab and only select Contacts. Make sure other data types are de-selected
- Select the Outlook Folders tab
- Under Contacts, select the Shared Contacts folder created in Step 1
Repeat the above steps for anyone else that wants to share these contacts. Make sure to use the same Gmail account you previously created.