How To Set Up Palm Desktop On Windows 10
How to Install Palm Desktop 6.2
Download Palm Desktop 6.2 Installer here.
- Download Palm Desktop 6.2
- Run the installer. Select Complete Install.
- After installation, Synchronization Setup will launch.
- Enter a name for your Device.
- Select Palm Desktop as your Sync Service.
- Exit the Installer.
- Right click on the Palm Desktop icon, and select "Run as Administrator" to allow it to write registry settings.
Sync Palm Desktop with your Android and iOS devices using CompanionLink for Palm Desktop
How to Remove Hotsync from the Startup Folder in Windows
To stop Hotsync from starting every time you reboot:
- Right Click the Window's Start button > Select "Task Manager"
- Select the "Starup" Tab
- Highlight "HotSync"
- Select "Disable"
If you have Palm Desktop files on another computer this guide will help you move it: How to migrate Palm Desktop from Windows XP to Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8
Install Palm Desktop 4
Download Palm Desktop 4.1.4 Installer here
- Download Palm Desktop
- Run the installer. Choose Complete install.
- After installation, the Synchronization Setup will automatically launch.
- Enter a name for your Device
- If it asks you to choose between Microsoft Outlook or Palm Desktop, select Palm Desktop.
- Exit the Installer and Palm Desktop.
In Vista and later versions of Windows, the protected Program Files folder prohibits CompanionLink from accessing Palm Desktop 4's data in its default location, so the data directory must be changed before syncing with CompanionLink.
Relocating Palm Desktop 4 Data files
- Right Click Palm Desktop 4's icon > Select Properties
- Select the Compatibility tab
- Check "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click Apply and close
- Open Palm Desktop 4
- Select Tools > Options
- Change the "Data Directory" to a new folder outside of "Progam Files" (ie. C:\Palm Desktop)