Google Sync for Mac
Thank you for choosing CompanionLink for Mac! The new direct Google sync now allows you to seamlessly sync your Mac data. Sync the native Apple applications or Outlook for Mac with Google!
Two methods for syncing your data with Google.
- Use Direct Sync to Google
- Use our DejaCloud Connector sync with Google if you also want to use DejaOffice.
First, backup your current data. Learn how here.
How to set Direct Sync from Outlook for Mac to Google
IMPORTANT to switch from DejaCloud to Google Direct Sync:
If you are switching from using a Google Connector via DejaCloud, you will want to remove your active Google connector to avoid potential duplicates since the connector will no longer be needed. Remove your Google connector by following the steps below:
- Log into your DejaOffice CRM Live account here: DejaOffice CRM Live
- Select "Account Status" > "Connectors" > "Edit" beneath your Google Connector > "Remove"
1. Download CompanionLink for Mac. If you have a prior build this will update the build with the new direct sync option. If you installing the first time, this is a 14-day demo and you can Purchase Here..
2. Set Google as your Device, set 'Direct' as your Sync Method, then click the gear icon..
3. Enter your Google account login information by following the prompts.
4. Your default Google calendar will automatically be selected to sync. You can elect to change the default calendar or include additional calendars to read from.
Now that your Google sync is set up, you can synchronize Outlook with Google by hitting the "Synchronize" button on the CompanionLink home screen.
Sync your Mac with DejaCloud
Setup CompanionLink on your Mac
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so. CompanionLink for Mac
- Open the "CompanionLink" app from the Lauchpad or your Applications folder.
- Choose "Sync with DejaCloud" from the first drop-down option (Select your sync target).
- Choose "DejaCloud Sync" from the 2nd drop-down option (Select your sync method).
- Click the gear icon next to "DejaCloud Sync", and enter the email address and password for your DejaCloud account.
- Choose "Advanced Settings" to configure which Applications you would like to sync, which Calendars or Reminders lists you want to include/exclude.
How to sync
- Open CompanionLink on your Mac, and click the "Synchronize" button.
- Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within CompanionLink for Mac.
- Once the sync completes, you can now sync with your mobile device or PC linked to your DejaCloud account.
Before proceeding, PLEASE back up your data
Address Book 6.x: Archive your address book
iCal 5.x: Back up or restore calendars and reminder lists
Create a backup of your Outlook for Mac data
Back up Outlook for Mac 2011