Google Error Status Code 400
CompanionLink for Mac
September 13, 2018: If you are using CompanionLink for Mac build 8013 or lower and get an Error 400 use the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Use the following link to download a small update to CompanionLink for Mac: CompanionLink for Mac (1015)
- Once updated, open CompanionLink for Mac, click Settings on the left and click Settings on the right under Google.
- Click "Request New OAuth Token".
- Follow the prompts to sign into Google.
- Return to the main menu an sync.
CompanionLink for Windows
December 07, 2017: Google appears to have fixed this issue on the Google side. All builds should now be working as before.
If you updated your build, your update is still fine for the future. If you did not update, you should be running now without an error. Contact CompanionLink Support if you see a problem after Dec 7, 2017 at 7am Pacific Time.
December 05, 2017: Google is having an outage with their API. The site is not accepting updated records according to the API spec. The issue tracker is here: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/70209603 We think Google will fix the problem shortly and the problem will go away.
For those that need to sync today, we have the following workarounds:
Affects: Google Sync with All versions of CompanionLink Fields: Spouse, Assistant, Anniversary (but not Birthday), Web URL Occurs: When an affected field is synchronized into Google.
If you are using CompanionLink 7.0 or 8.0:
You can download an update for your CompanionLink product here:
If you are using CompanionLink 5.0 or 6.0:
We have a work around for customers using older licenses.
The change that Google made affects specific fields for Contacts. Our workaround involves temporarily disabling those Contact fields.
- Open CompanionLink
- Select 'Advanced'
- Select 'Field Mapping'
- For 'Select the most appropriate fields for', choose 'Miscellaneous"
- Set each available field on this page to 'No Mapping.'
- While still on the 'Field Mapping' tab, choose 'URL fields" from the top drop down menu next to 'Select the most appropriate fields for'
- Make sure each field here is set to 'No Mapping.'
- Click 'Ok'
This will allow you to perform a Google synchronization using CompanionLink 5.0 and 6.0.