Googe Calendar Access Denied
The error message Access to calendar <Google calendar name> denied indicates that Google is not allowing programmatic access to your calendar. Below are possible causes and solutions for this issue:
To check this, the calendar owner must do the following:
- Log into your Google account.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right and choose Calendar Settings.
- In the Calendar Settings screen, click Calendars.
- Find the shared calendar in your calendars list, then click Shared: Edit settings
- Under Permission Settings, make sure that See only free/busy (hide details) in NOT selected.
- Under Make changes AND manage sharing, make sure that See only free/busy (hide details) in NOT selected.
You are attempting to sync with a Google calendar that has not yet been initialized
Access may be denied to a Google calendar that has never been used. If your calendar has never contained at least one event:
- Using your web browser, log into the Google calendar named in the error message.
- Create at least one record in Google Calendar.
This should properly initialize the calendar, so that CompanionLink can access it.
Google has restricted access to your calendar for some other reason
- Visit the following webpage in your browser: https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
- Enter your Google email address and password (same as the email and password you entered in CompanionLink), then solve the captcha and unlock.
- Reattempt a synchronization.
If all else fails, the problem can be solved by disabling synchronization for the calendar named in the error message
- Open CompanionLink Setup.
- Click gear icon next to the menu that reads Sync with Google (or Sync via Google).
- Choose the Selected Calendars radio button.
- In the list of calendars, un-select the calendar named in the Access to calendar <Google calendar name> denied" error message .