ERSP CompanionLink Update will not install as the correct version
From CompanionLink Support
[AB44960] To fix the problem where CompanionLink will not register as the correct version, you'll need to unregister, then re-register CompanionLink on your computer. Here is how to do this:
NOTE: This step requires you to edit your Windows Registry. If you are not confident in this step, please obtain help from someone familiar with Windows Registry. Deleting the wrong information in the registry can have adverse affects on Windows, including a failure of your computer to restart.
- Exit CompanionLink.
- Delete your CompanionLink registry entry:
- On your PC, click the Start button, click Run, and type REGEDIT. Click OK.
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software.
- Delete the 'CompanionLink' key and all sub-keys
- Exit registry editor.
- Open CompanionLink Setup. CompanionLink should open either as a trial version or as an expired evaluation.
- Register CompanionLink using the email address you purchased with.