ERSP: ACT-PALMOS via USB Walkthrough ACT! to OLD PALM DEVICES
[AB42498] Below are some easy instructions on how to set up your sync between ACT! and Palm.
Here is a web page that gives general information about our sync with ACT! http://www.companionlink.com/products/companionlink-act.html
There are three steps to setup your sync; Install CompanionLink on your PC, Configure CompanionLink, and Synchronize!
Please make sure you back up all related databases before starting.
Setting up CompanionLink on your PC
1. Download and install CompanionLink Express or CompanionLink Professional.
2. Run CompanionLink Setup.
3. Select "Palm Handheld(via Palm Desktop v6.2)" from the first drop down menu(Select your sync target). Click Palm Settings.
4. Make sure your correct Palm user name is selected. Click OK. You may see a box that says "CompanionLink must install certain files for Palm, which require administrative rights to install. Do you want to install them now?" Answer Yes.
5. Select "ACT" from the second drop-down menu(Select your contact manager). Click ACT settings.
6. Verify your correct ACT database is selected. Enter your ACT username and password. If you do not use an ACT password leave this field blank.
7. Select the Groups tab. Choose "Sync all ACT! contacts" to sync all of your contact records. Or choose "Sync only contacts in these groups" and select which ACT contact groups you want to sync to your Palm.
8. Select the Applications tab and choose which options you wish to sync. Also choose how you wish these options to transfer(two-way, one-way, etc). Click OK when complete. Your sync is now setup. Please note, you may wish to check the Advanced Settings to further customize your sync.
9. To synchronize your data connect your Palm to your PC and press the HotSync button on your phone. You should see the sync process start on the PC.
If you need additional help, CompanionLink offers more advanced support solutions.
We have our RunStart service which is a one-time setup. You can purchase this service on our website. Please see this page. http://www.companionlink.com/runstart/.
Also available is Premium Support. This gives you 5 premium support tickets for a year of service. For more information or to order Premium Support see this page. http://www.companionlink.com/premium/