CompanionLink for Mac syncing Google with Apple contacts and calendar
From CompanionLink Support
Sync Method Settings
- 1. After signing in with your Google account, select the Calendars in Google you want to sync with.
- Select the Data Types you want to sync (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, etc).
- Select the direction you want the data to sync.
- Select the deletion preferences for your data.
- This option allows you to Wipe the device for the selected conduit on the next sync, replacing the data fresh from the database.
- This option prevents CompanionLink from syncing meetings scheduled via email invitation. This option is typically only necessary when syncing to Google or Exchange.
- Enable "Sync Attendees" if you want attendee data to sync with your calendar records.
- Enter the date range for the number of past days to sync.
- Enable this option to sync Completed Tasks to the device.
- Use the top dropdown to select which Apple Calendar to write new information to.
- Use the large box below to select which Apple Calendars you want to synchronize.
- Use the top dropdown to select which Apple Tasks list to write new information to.
- Use the larger box below to select which Apple Tasks lists you want to synchronize.
- This drop down allows you to select an Auto Sync Interval.
- This option allows you to set an time frame in which the auto sync will occur.
- Enable this option to start CompanionLink with the Mac starts.
- Logging is a troubleshooting step and will not need to be enabled unless working with a technician.
- Wipe All Records on Device enabled all of the wipe options at once from the Overview tab.
- This option instructs CompanionLink to read each record from Outlook on the sync instead of looking only for the changes. This is also a troubleshooting step and normally does not need to be enabled.
- This option instructs CompanionLink to read each record from Device on the sync instead of looking only for the changes. This is also a troubleshooting step and normally does not need to be enabled.
- On some machines, Outlook stores updates in a way that can prevent CompanionLink from seeing New Items\Changes in Outlook. This option uses a different method to look for new\modified records.