BB Torch (OS 6) CL Wireless/DejaLink Issues
[AB42607] Blackberry Torch, and any new BB6 devices do not respond to the Purge and Reload function like previous Blackberry devices. If you find you need to use this function, you can follow one of the two options noted below.
Use RSET to delete records
- Open Contacts, select Menu (BlackBerry logo button), then Options
- From this screen, type "RSET" on the keyboard (you wont see any feedback on the screen that you?ve typed the letters)
- A message will pop up asking "Wireless sync is not enabled, Wipe contact list anyway"? Say Yes.
- Try these methods for Calendar and Tasks as well.
Use Desktop Manager to delete records
BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0 and lower
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager
- Go to Backup and Restore
- Select Advanced
- Select Address Book from the list on the right
- Select Clear
- Repeat these steps for Address Book All, Calendar, Calendar All, Tasks, and Tasks All
BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Go to Device in the top left corecer
- Select Delete Data, then Selected Data
- Check Address Book, Address Book All, Calendar, Calendar All, Tasks, and Tasks All