Advanced Troubleshooting for syncing a Windows 8 Device via Wi-Fi
Issue: Unable to Connect to remote Device over WiFi while attempting to sync using CompanionLink from your PC.
From Your Device: Please follow the steps below to insure that you are connected to your home network.
- On your device's home screen swipe to the right and tap on "Settings"
- Scroll down and tap "Airplane Mode"
- Turn on "Airplane Mode"
- Tap the "Back Arrow"
- Scroll up and tap "WiFi"
- Turn on WiFi
- Tap on the "Network Name" that you are connected to
- The first line is your IP Address
- Tap the "Windows Home Key" on the device
- Tap the "Internet Explorer" Icon and browse to "www.yahoo.com" this will verify that your phone is actually connected to the internet.
- Tap the "Back Arrow" till you are back to the home screen
- Launch "DejaOffice" on your device
- Tap Settings
- Tap WiFi Settings
- The IP Address should now be populated and most likely it will match the IP address found in Step 8
- Tap the "Back Arrow" twice
From CompanionLink on your PC:
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Select Window Phone 8 from the first drop-down option (Select the device you want to sync with...).
- Select Local Wifi Sync from the second drop-down option (Select your sync method...), and carefully read through the prompts. Next please enter your Windows 8 Phone's IP here. NOTE: You will need to enter the IP address and device name you saw in DejaOffice (DejaOffice Settings > Sync Settings)
- Select Microsoft Outlook from the third drop-down option (Select your PC or web database...).
Follow-up After Sync: Once you have completed the Sync please remember to take your device out of "Airplane Mode".