ACT! unspecified error ACT! 8.0.2 and below
From CompanionLink Support
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 is native in Windows Vista/7. You must upgrade your Act to Act 8.0.2 or higher in order to continue using CompanionLink to synchronize.
For other versions of Windows:
- If you have Act 8.0.0, update to Act 8.0.2.
- If you have Act 7.0, then do the following:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel (or Settings and Control Panel, depending on which option you have).
- Choose Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the line that says Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
- Click on Remove (or Change/Remove, depending on which option you have).
- Once this is uninstalled, click OK.
- Restart your computer.