16-bit Windows subsystem error
- Trying to install a program.
- Error message: '16-bit Windows subsystem. C:\Windows\System32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.'
Explanation: This error means that one or more of your Windows system configuration files are missing or corrupt.
- Go to the c:\windows\system32 folder on your computer.
- Are the following files in this folder?
- If the one or more of these files are not present, then you would need to copy these into this folder. You can #usually find these files in one of the two following folders: