Setup Guide - Sync Android to Mac via DejaConnect USB
Before proceeding, PLEASE back up your data.
Address Book 6.x: Archive your address book
iCal 5.x: Back up or restore calendars and reminder lists
Create a backup of your Outlook for Mac data
Back up Outlook for Mac 2011
Setup DejaOffice on your Android device
- Install DejaOffice 2.2.1 or higher from dejaoffice.com/androidapp on your device.
- Open DejaOffice, then tap "Setup Wizard" and ensure that you select "DejaConnect USB" as your sync method.
- OPTIONAL: Configure DejaOffice to sync with the native Android apps (within Setup Wizard).
Setup CompanionLink on your Mac
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so.
- Open the "CompanionLink" app from the Lauchpad or your Applications folder.
- Choose "Android" from the first drop-down option (Select your sync target).
- Choose "DejaConnect USB" from the 2nd drop-down option (Select your sync method).
- OPTIONAL: Choose "Advanced Settings" to configure which Applications you would like to sync, which Calendars or Reminders lists you want to include/exclude.
How to sync
- Ensure you have enabled USB Debugging on your device and that CompanionLink is open.
- Connect your Android device to your computer with the USB cable. Make sure it is NOT set to Mass Storage Mode.
- Open CompanionLink on your Mac, and click the "Synchronize" button.
- Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within DejaOffice. Please refrain from disconnecting the USB cable until synchronization completes.
NOTE: Drivers? Unlike on a Windows PC, DejaConnect USB on the Mac does not require any additional drivers to be installed.
OPTIONAL: CompanionLink for Mac synchronizes your Mac's Address Book and iCal apps with DejaOffice. You can also set up two-way sync between Outlook for Mac 2011 and these apps that come with your Mac. More info here: Outlook for Mac 2011 and DejaOffice.