How to use Outlook 2016, 2019 and Office 365 without an associated Email Account
Outlook 2016, 2019, and Office 365 no longer give the direct option to setup Outlook without connecting an email. Use the following steps to create a new Outlook Profile without an email account connected. This will allow you to use Outlook for Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes.
- Ensure Outlook is closed.
- Open the Windows Run command by pressing the Windows Key + R.
- In the Run window, type Outlook.exe /PIM "Your profile name" and then click OK. This will create a new profile in Outlook without an email account.
Outlook will open to your new Profile file with no email connected.
Setting the Default Outlook Profile
If you had already setup an Outlook Profile and followed the above steps to make a new one without an email, you might need to select this new profile as the Default.
- 1. Open the Control Panel of Windows
- 2. Select the Mail option. (You may see Mail followed by your version of Outlook and 32\64bit)
- Note: If you do not see the Mail option, in the top right of the Control Panel change View By to Small or Large Icons.
- 3. Select Show Profiles
- 4. Towards the bottom select "Always Use This Profile" and choose the new Profile you created.
- Note: If you want to be able to switch between the new and old profiles select the "Prompt for a Profile" option.
- 5. Click Apply and Ok.
Creating desktop shortcuts for Outlook Profiles
If you use more than one Outlook Profile regularly, use the following steps to create a Desktop shortcut directly to each profile.
- Create a Desktop Shortcut for Outlook.
- Right click the shortcut and select Properties at the bottom.
- In the "Target" line move to the very end of the existing path, put in space followed by /profile "Name of the first profile"
- Click Apply, then Ok.
- Note: You might want to rename the shortcut to reflect the name of the profile it is linked to. For example "Outlook (NewProfile)".
Repeat these steps for any other profiles for which you want a direct shortcut. You will need to make a new shortcut on your Desktop for each profile you want a link to.