How to Stop Cursor from Jumping to Bottom of Edit Text on a Samsung Android Phone
In a recent Android OS update some apps are seeing an issue with Text Fields scrolling to the bottom of the field when you select it. For large fields this can be very inconvenient when you are just trying to type something. The issue looks to be related to the "Suggest Text Corrections" setting in the Android Keyboard Settings.
- Open the Android Settings.
- Select General Management.
- Select Samsung Keyboard Settings.
- Select the "Suggest Text Corrections" option.
- Tap the "Manage Apps" option.
In the list of Apps that appear, disable the Text Suggestions for the app giving you the issue. You can turn this option off entirely in the main Suggest Text Corrections menu.