Syncing to a BlackBerry Classic using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 and 7.0
For BlackBerry Playbook OS and BlackBerry 10 OS, please refer to other pages.
1. In the BlackBerry Desktop Software select Add-Ins
1. Ensure the CompanionLink Add-in is present and checked.
2. Select the Sync to start the sync.
When you sync to a BlackBerry via USB you will use the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Remember that the BlackBerry Desktop Software has default settings that enable a sync with Microsoft Outlook. This is referred to as the “Organizer” in the Desktop Software. When this option is enabled we tend to see issues with duplications or conflicts in the sync process.
In order for CompanionLink to sync properly we need to make sure the Organizer settings are not enabled in the Desktop Software.
- Open Blackberry Desktop Software.
- Connect the BlackBerry to the PC.
- Click Device Options. Below “When I connect my device” make sure Organizer is not checked. Click OK.
- On the left hand side click Organizer. Make sure none of the items are checked here. If any of the items are checked, uncheck the box. This disabled the sync with Outlook.
With Blackberry Desktop Software 6 this screen may also show you if wireless is turned on for any of the BlackBerry applications. If you see wireless for any of these options you will need to turn off the wireless setting on the BlackBerry.