Syncing to a BlackBerry Classic with BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0
For BlackBerry Playbook OS and BlackBerry 10 OS, please refer to other pages.
In your BlackBerry Desktop Manager select Synchronize.
1. Please ensure this option is selected in order for CompanionLink to sync
2. To start a sync select this button.
When you sync to a BlackBerry via USB you will use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Remember that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager has default settings that enable a sync with Microsoft Outlook. This is referred to as the “Organizer” in the Desktop Manager. When this option is enabled we tend to see issues with duplications or conflicts in the sync process.
In order for CompanionLink to sync properly we need to make sure the Organizer settings are not enabled in the Desktop Manager.
- Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. Connect the BlackBerry to the PC.
- At the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main menu click the Synchronize button.
- On the next screen make sure “Synchronize organizer data” is not checked.
- On the left hand side, below Configure, click on Synchronization. Click the Synchronization button. On the next screen make sure none of the options are checked. Click OK. BlackBerry Desktop Manager may ask if you’re sure you wish to exit, answer yes.