Setup Guide - Sync with People app on Windows 8 (via Google or Microsoft account)
DejaOffice does not sync directly with the People application on Windows 8 devices like the Surface RT or Surface Pro. This guide will help you sync to the People app via Google or a Microsoft account.
Syncing contacts to the Windows 8 People application
Install and configure CompainonLink If you haven't already done so, install CompanionLink on your PC. If you need to download CompanionLink, visit our downloads page.
- Open the CompanionLink icon from your desktop or start menu.
- In the first dropdown please select one of these three:
- No Device - Sync with Google
- No Device - Sync with Outlook.com/Windows Live
- No Device - Sync with Office 365 - Cloud
- Click on the Settings icon to enter your account information
- In the bottom drop down, please select the database you wish to sync with.
Configure the Windows 8 tablet to synchronize with an account like Google or Outlook.com
- Open the People application
- In the top right corner, tap on Connected to...
- Tap to Add an account & enter required information
Performing a Sync
Synchronization can be performed at any time by clicking the "Synchronize" button.
If you're using a Windows Phone 8 device and not a Windows 8 tablet
You can find instructions on syncing to the People app Here.