Setup Guide - Sync Outlook with Windows 8 People and Calendar apps
You can synchronize Outlook with a Windows 8 device (like the Surface RT or Surface Pro) using an account like Outlook.com, Google/Gmail, or Office 365 (on the cloud):
Install and configure CompainonLink If you haven't already done so, install CompanionLink on your PC. If you need to download CompanionLink, visit our downloads page.
- Open the CompanionLink icon from your desktop or start menu.
- In the first drop down please select one of these three:
- No Device - Sync with Google
- No Device - Sync with Outlook.com/Windows Live
- No Device - Sync with Office 365 - Cloud
- Click on the Settings icon to enter your account information
- In the bottom drop down, please select Outlook.
Configure the Windows 8 tablet to synchronize with an account like Google or Outlook.com
- Open the People application
- In the top right corner, tap on Connected to...
- Tap to Add an account & enter required information
Performing a Sync
Synchronization can be performed at any time by clicking the "Synchronize" button