Setup Guide - Sync BlackBerry Classic via BlackBerry Desktop (USB)
For BlackBerry Playbook OS and BlackBerry 10 OS, please refer to other pages.
If this is your first time using CompanionLink, we recommend you take a minute and review our Sync 101 page. It contains helpful information about how to prepare a proper sync environment to minimize potential problems.
Before proceeding, please make a backup of your database.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Full Installation Instructions
- 3 Full Configuration Instructions
- 4 Performing a Sync
Setup CompanionLink on your PC (Full Instructions)
- Before proceeding, make sure you have installed the BlackBerry Desktop Software. Download BlackBerry Desktop
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so. CompanionLink Downloads
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Choose "BlackBerry" from the first drop-down option (Select your sync target).
- Click the "BlackBerry Settings" button, and select your BlackBerry device PIN from the list (in most cases, there will only be one option to select), then click OK.
- Select your contact manager from second drop-down option (Select your Contact Manager).
- Click the Contact Manager Settings button (e.g. Outlook Settings, Lotus Notes Settings...).
- Select the database you wish to synchronize with (if applicable). How to configure your contact manager.
- OPTIONAL: Configure advanced settings.
How to sync (Full Instructions)
If you use BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5:
- Open BlackBerry Desktop, then click Synchronize.
- Check the box labeled "Run add-in actions", then click the small "Synchronize" button to begin your sync.
If you use BlackBerry Desktop Software 6 or 7:
- Open BlackBerry Desktop, then click "Add-Ins" in the left sidebar.
- Ensure that the CompanionLink Sync add-in is present and enabled (check the box).
- Click the Sync button in the bottom right corner to begin your sync.
NOTE: If you are unable to synchronize, please review our Troubleshooting Guide.
Full Installation Instructions
Installing BlackBerry Desktop
Please install the BlackBerry Desktop Software before proceeding. Download BlackBerry Desktop here.
If you haven't already done so, install CompanionLink on your PC. If you need to download CompanionLink, visit our downloads page.
The 14-day trial software is fully functional. To register your paid license, enter the name and email address you used to purchase the software in the CompanionLink registration window (File > Register). CompanionLink is registered from within the software and requires an internet connection in order to verify your license.
For more information, view full registration instructions.
Full Configuration Instructions
Back up your Data
CompanionLink cannot be held responsible for any data corruption or data loss that may occur in conjunction with our software. CompanionLink highly recommends backing up your PC database before performing a sync and on a regular basis.
1. Open the CompanionLink Setup icon from your desktop or start menu. The first time you open CompanionLink the screen will appear as below:
2. In the first dropdown please select BlackBerry.
3. In the second drop down please select USB via Desktop Manager
4. In the dialog that pops up, select your BlackBerry device PIN from the list (in most cases, there will only be one option to select), then click Finish.
5. In the third drop down please select the database you wish to sync with.
Configuring your database settings
You will now need to configure CompanionLink with the database you wish to sync with. Each contact manager works a bit differently.
Advanced settings and other options
These settings are optional, but you may want to take a look at these if this is your first sync. More info about advanced settings.
Performing a Sync
The sync process differs between BlackBerry Desktop 5 and 6/7. Please select BlackBerry Desktop Software version that you have installed for sync instructions.
Choose the your version:
BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0
BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0