How to Install ISO version for Windows 10 Store release of Office 365
Outlook 2016 has become Office 365
In October 2018 Microsoft has modified how Office is named and downloaded. CompanionLink uses the Outlook Objects API. The MSA version of Outlook does not provide access to this API. However, you can download and install the ISO version which will provide this access. All MSA versions of Outlook include access to the ISO version. You do not need to buy anything more to get ISO access.
For Windows Store Purchasers
If you purchased and installed Office from the Windows Store, to sync with CompanionLink you will need to uninstall the Windows Store version and install the ISO (Non-Windows Store) version of Office.
Uninstalling the Windows Store version of Office
- 1. Click the Start menu of Windows.
- 2. Click the Gear Icon on the left to open Windows Settings.
- 3. Select "Apps".
- 4. Scroll down the list of Apps that opens and find Office.
- 5. Click Office and select Uninstall.
- Note - If you have already setup Outlook using this version we recommend backing up your data file. Use the following guide for help with backing up Outlook data files Here.
Installing the ISO (Non-Windows Store) version of Office
- 1. Use the following Microsoft Guide to install the ISO version of Office. Download and install or reinstall Office 365
After installing this version of Office, CompanionLink will be able to locate the install and your data files without issue.
For Dell Laptops and PCs
New Dell machines are shipping with a pre-installed version of Office from the Windows Store. To sync with CompanionLink you will need to uninstall the Windows Store version and install the ISO (Non-Windows Store) version of Office. For more details about this change, check Dell's website Here
For steps to install the ISO (Non Windows Store version) of Office please refer to Dell's guide Here
If you receive a message about "Office 2016 or 365 isn't associated with this account" when attempting to download the Non-Windows store version of Office, please refer to Dell's Activation Troubleshooting Here