Error 400 Contacts API Deprecated - Migrate to People API to Retain Programmatic Access to Google Contacts
This page covers Google Error 400 - Unable to Connect with Server. Click Here for Google Error 400 - Invalid Request.
Google has begun introducing errors for Contact Sync using the depreciated Contacts API. The error will appear as "Error Code 400: Contacts API is being deprecated. Migrate to People API to retain programmatic access to Google Contacts. See https://developers.google.com/people/contacts-api-migration."
CompanionLink and People API
CompanionLink is ready with the new People API. Use the following guide to switch to the new People API to resolve this error:
- Note: This only effects Contact Sync, so if you are syncing only Calendars or Tasks, you will be unaffected.
- Note: CompanionLink 9 or above is required to continue syncing contacts to Google, if you do not have a license for CompanionLink 9 or above you can purchase one here
Switching to CompanionLink from a Competitor
While CompanionLink has been ready for the People API change since the announcement, our sync competitors might not be as quick to fix the issue. CompanionLink is offering a 10$ discount for converting to our Google and Outlook sync solution.
- For a Free Trial of the latest version of CompanionLink for Google click the following link for our Downloads Page.
- Once installed, follow our Easy Setup Guide
- To claim your 10$ discount:
- Use the following link to Buy CompanionLink for Google.
- Enter Product you are switching from in the "What Motivated You to Purchase" box.
- Enter "THANKS" in the Affinity Code Box.