ERSP: BlackBerry PIN does not appear when using BlackBerry Desktop 5, BBDM5
When upgrading to a new BlackBerry device, CompanionLink may not recognize your new BlackBerry PIN.
NOTE: This article only applies if you use BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5. View instructions for BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.
- On your PC, open the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Click Options (top-right corner) and select Data Folder Options.
- Under "Current Folder" you will see a file path. Copy this file path. Click OK and Close the Blackberry Desktop Manager.
- Click your Start button, in the Search/Run bar paste or type the file path you copied from the Blackberry Desktop Manger. Press Enter.
- This will open a folder named Blackberry. In this folder you will see another folder named Loader History. Delete the Loader History folder. Close the Blackberry folder.
- Open the Blackberry Desktop Manager. Connect the Blackberry. Wait for the Desktop Manager to display the Blackberry PIN at the bottom.
Open CompanionLink Setup and see if the new Blackberry PIN appears under User Name.
If this does not resolve the issue, or you do not see a "Loader History" folder, you will need to uninstall then reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager (BBDM). When BBDM is installed again open it and connect the device, and confirm the PIN shows. Now check CompanionLink and see if the BlackBerry PIN is available.