Due to Android Security changes DejaOffice Backups require a Public Folder for storage
The most recent version of DejaOffice for Android build 4.4.57 (1524) contains a new prompt to Select a Storage folder for Persistent Backups.
Before Android OS 11 the DejaOffice data folder was stored in a Local Folder which would "survive" the app being uninstalled. In Android OS 11 and higher Google forced all apps to move their data folders to a new location. As a result of this change if the DejaOffice app is uninstalled, this would also remove your backups. This new prompt will ask you to grant permission to a folder outside of the new location that can persist if the app is uninstalled.
How to Clear This Message:
- Tap the Select Folder option.
- Tap "Allow Access" at the bottom of the File Browser that opens.
- Note: The Default folder will be Documents, but if you want to select a different folder you can.
If you ever uninstall DejaOffice, on purpose or by mistake, your data will be restorable.
How to Change the Backup Folder After Setting It:
- Open DejaOffice, tap Settings and tap Logging and Support Settings.
- Tap and hold on Backup Database.
- This will open the folder selection prompt, select your new folder and tap "Allow Access".