Act! v19 Migration with CompanionLink, DejaOffice, Outlook Sync and Google Sync
Act! is updating Premium Cloud service January 13-15, 2017. After that update you must use Act! v19 if you link to their server. More Info
CompanionLink works with Act! v18 and Act! v19 (and a lot of other versions). So you do NOT have to update CompanionLink as long as you are using CompanionLink 7.
Upgrade your Act! v19 & v20
The existing CompanionLink 7 release works great with Act! v19. Check your build number. Run CompanionLink Settings and in the lower right corner is the word "Build" followed by the build number. You need Build 7000 or higher for Act! v19. You need Build 8000 or higher for Act! v20.
Note: Earlier builds of CompanionLink do not have a selection for "v19". In these builds, select "ACT! 2005-2015" to ACT!v19.
If your Build number is 6000, 5000 or lower, you will need to update CompanionLink to version 7 or 8. For many people this is a free upgrade. For everyone else, it has a reduced price. Use our Upgrade Eligibility Form to see which option is right.
Disable Act!'s Database Sync
If you opt to stay on Act! v18 temporarily, you can disable your Act! link to Premium Cloud.
Disable Act!'s Synchronize with Outlook
If you use CompanionLink's Outlook sync, you do not need to use Act!'s Outlook sync. CompanionLink Outlook Sync is fully automatic.
To disable the ACT! Outlook sync, complete the following:
- Open ACT!
- Select Tools > Synchronize with Outlook > Outlook Synchronization Preferences
- Under the "Synchronize Calendar" tab and the "Select a calendar synchronization method" drop down menu, select "Do not synchronize.
- Under the "Synchronize Contacts" tab and the "Select a contact synchronization method" drop down menu, select "Do not synchronize.
- Click OK
Disable Act!'s Integration with Google
If you use CompanionLink's Google sync, you do not need to use Act!'s Google sync.
To disable the ACT! Google sync, complete the following:
- Open ACT!
- Select Tools > Integrate with Google > Google Integration Preferences
- Under the "Synchronize Calendar" tab, uncheck "Enable Calendar Synchronization with Google"
- Under the "Synchronize Contacts" tab, uncheck "Enable Contact Synchronization with Google"
- Click OK