ACT 2000 and ACT! 6 error: - ACT! OLE interface - Reinstall ACT - How to fix ADAL.DLL conflict with Outlook 2016 on Windows 10
Recent Windows 10 updates appear to be causing an issue with some ACT 2000 - ACT! 6 users. After the Windows update, syncs may fail to complete with the error message "Cannot open the ACT OLE Engine, the files for the OLE interface are missing".
To resolve this issue, complete the following:
1. In windows explorer, navigate to the folder location ending in Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140
- NOTE: The exact location of the folder will vary depending on the Windows OS and which version of Microsoft Office is installed. Examples below:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesX64\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office 15\root\vfs\ProgramFilesX86\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140
2. Find the "adal.dll" file in the folder and rename it to "adal.dll.old"
- NOTE: Do not delete the "adal.dll" as there are few of these files on your PC, if you delete or rename the wrong one, Microsoft Office could stop functioning.
3. Attempt a sync with ACT! to verify the fix worked.
The issue may recur when Windows updates again and this process may need to be repeated.