When an average person hears about a necessity to start with the SEO localization, it brings up the images of programmers working with the code and the high costs of such services. The trick is to prepare your original source text for translation by following academic writing and editing rules and providing every single detail that matters in terms of a foreign target audience. The term “localization” stands for more than a basic text interpretation because it already includes the background for the various SEO practices and consideration of the cultural aspects of a country.
10 Tips to Make Your SEO Localization Effective
- Research keyword density. The good SEO ranking usually requires keeping it below at least 2.3% because an increase in the use of keywords may lead to overfilling risks. Discuss this matter with your SEO localization specialist because some languages like Spanish or German usually require more than one word for the English equivalent.
- Study the foreign-language source to adjust the code. It is recommended to create a table of English (or any other) original keywords, so a translator can see which options to choose. Be it product description equivalents in Chinese or unique brand keywords, the trick is to characterize your company or products with the call to action phrases.
- Study the social context. Working with the Middle East, as an example, you may have to add new paragraphs of texts or explanations that will help your keywords fit within the context. The creation of a carbon copy content is not the right way because every foreign audience has a different perception of things.
- Multidimensional keyword research. Since the majority of localization specialists are native speakers with a technical background, always mention a necessity of related keywords that should be included. Some of them may include different spellings or, rather, misspellings, which ensures that your website will still show up.
- Translation of official documents. If you are dealing with legal agreements, quality proofs, cooperation rules, or business proposals, always approach professional document translation services. Such kind of work must be done only by certified experts to help you include correct legal terms for every target audience.
- Consider tools like ClickStream to research the popularity of keywords in a country and check it along with your localization expert. Sometimes such methods can help to find the right balance and use a mixture of good grammar and slang keywords.
- Readable text matters more. When inserting SEO keywords, ask localization specialists to focus on readability by pairing chosen terms with the inspiring content. After all, overfilling something with the search engine triggers in a language like Chinese can easily ruin even the best website.
- Ask for CAT tools implementation. All these computer-aided technologies are not only good for the correction of various technical terms but also SEO stability and accuracy of code. You can click here and read about the reasons why the use of a termbase helps to avoid translation or spelling mistakes.
- Proofreading Issues. As a rule, SEO work is quite challenging and includes a constant removal and addition of keywords, special phrasing, key terms, and more all over the text. It is one of the reasons why it is crucial to proofread each text twice by the native speaker to eliminate repetitions or odd phrasing.
- Joint SEO Tune-Up. When all the work is done, the best approach is to tune up the website together with the GUI designer, programmer, translation expert, and marketing specialist who will make comments and see whether their part of a website’s success meets the expectations.
What You Can Do To Help
Remember to check personal brand names, contact information, phone numbers, emails, and numbers. Since such things are not a part of the common dictionary, your valuable input will help to keep things accurate. Even if you do not know a foreign language, such a contribution will help to eliminate any misspellings of crucial data during the SEO integration!