Troubleshooting Direct USB (Mass Storage mode) with Android - Nothing happens when I press sync in DejaOffice
NOTE: This troubleshooting guide is for Mass Storage Mode USB Sync. If you are using DejaConnect USB, please see the Troubleshooting guide for DejaConnect USB.
If you haven't already done so, please refer to our setup guide to ensure you are following the proper steps to begin a sync. Then, if the sync still does not engage when you tap Sync within DejaOffice, please check each of the following steps.
Make sure CompanionLink is running on the PC when you initiate the sync
CompanionLink must be running on the PC when you tap sync within DejaOffice. Make sure CompanionLink is running in the Windows System Tray (usually in the bottom right corner of your screen, near the clock).
Try and initiate a sync with CompanionLink open in the foreground.
Ensure the correct USB connection mode is being used on the device
Each Android device operates differently. Please check special USB connection instructions for your specific device - Android USB Device Specific Notes.
Make sure your device can mount its SD card to the PC without using DejaOffice
1. Connect the Android device to the PC.
2. On the Android device, open the notification menu by using your finger to pull the natification tray down from the top of the Android Screen.
3. Select the USB connection related notification, then the proper option for connecting as a USB drive (e.g. "USB Mass Storage", "Disk Drive", etc.)
4. On your PC, under "Computer" or "My Computer", you should be able to see your Android device memory listed as a "Removable Disk" (you may see two separate drives). Look in the removable drive for a folder named "clusb" - this indicates the correct drive.
5. Attempt to copy a file to the same drive with the "clusb" folder. If you can copy a file, your device is working correctly.
NOTE: If you are unable to copy a file to the SD card, or if the "Removable Disk" drive does not show on your PC, CompanionLink will not be able to synchronize via USB. Contact your carrier for assistance or try one of CompanionLink's other sync methods, like our Local Wi-Fi Sync, or CL Secure Hosted Wireless.
Make sure DejaOffice can automatically mount your device's SD card to the PC
1. Connect your device to the PC, open DejaOffice, and tap the Sync icon.
2. Wait for the message "Press OK when the PC sync is complete".
3. At this point, synchronization should begin on the PC. If not, continue to the next step.
4. Check "Computer" or "My Computer" to see if DejaOffice has mounted your device - look for a drive labeled "Removable Disk". If there are no removable drives that contain a folder named "clusb", DejaOffice is most likely not automatically mounting your device. Try Manual Sync Mode.
In some cases, anti-virus software can prevent CompanionLink from accessing the removable memory on your device. Please disable your anti-virus software and try again.
If you are still unable to initiate a sync, please contact tech support. You may also want to try synchronizing using a different sync method, such as local Wi-Fi sync.