Setup Guide - Sync with Google
Back up your contact manager data before proceeding. Backup Instructions
Setup CompanionLink on your PC (Full Instructions)
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so. CompanionLink Downloads
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Choose "Google" from the first drop-down option (Select your sync target).
- Click the Google Settings button, and enter your Google username and password, then click OK.
- Select your contact manager from second drop-down option (Select your Contact Manager).
- Click the Contact Manager Settings button (e.g. Outlook Settings, Lotus Notes Settings...).
- Select the database you wish to synchronize with (if applicable). How to configure your contact manager.
- OPTIONAL: Configure advanced settings.
How to sync (Full Instructions)
- Synchronization can be performed at any time by clicking the "Synchronize" button.
- Click the Auto-Sync button to configure hands-free automatic sync.
NOTE: If you are unable to synchronize, please review Troubleshooting for Google Sync.
The setup video will walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to sync your PC with Google. This video uses Outlook as an example database, but the instructions are the same regardless of the database you are syncing with.
Full Installation Instructions
If you haven't already done so, install CompanionLink on your PC. If you need to download CompanionLink, visit our downloads page.
The 14-day trial software is fully functional. To register your paid license, enter the name and email address you used to purchase the software in the CompanionLink registration window (File > Register). CompanionLink is registered from within the software and requires an internet connection in order to verify your license.
For more information, view full registration instructions.
Full Configuration Instructions
Back up your Data
CompanionLink cannot be held responsible for any data corruption or data loss that may occur in conjunction with our software. CompanionLink highly recommends backing up your PC database before performing a sync and on a regular basis.
1. Open the CompanionLink Setup icon from your desktop or start menu. The first time you open CompanionLink the screen will appear as below:
Configuring your database settings
You will now need to configure CompanionLink with the database you wish to sync with. Each contact manager works a bit differently.
Configuring Google settings
Click the Google Setting button
Enter your Google username and password here. Once you enter your credentials, you may also select the Google calendars you wish to sync with. For more information, see Configuring Google.
- If you use Google's "2-step verification you made need to use a different password. For more information, visit Help with 2-step verification
Advanced settings and other options
These settings are optional, but you may want to take a look at these if this is your first sync. More info about advanced settings.
Performing a Sync
Synchronization can be performed at any time by clicking the "Synchronize" button.
Click the Auto-Sync tab, in Advanced Settings, if you wish to configure hands-free automatic sync.
- DoubleLook Mode is only available with specific sync configurations. If you do not see this option it is by design.
If you are unable to synchronize, please review Troubleshooting for Google Sync.