Setup Guide - Sync iPhone and iPad via local Wi-Fi
If this is your first time using CompanionLink, we recommend you take a minute and review our Sync 101 page. It contains helpful information about how to prepare a proper sync environment to minimize potential problems.
Before proceeding, please make a backup of your database.
Setup DejaOffice on your Apple device (Full Instructions)
- Install DejaOffice from the App Store (search for "DejaOffice"). Full installation instructions
- Connect your device to the same local Wi-Fi network as your PC.
- Open DejaOffice, then tap "Setup Wizard" and ensure that you select Wi-Fi Sync as your sync method.
- Take note of your device IP address displayed after you select Wi-Fi Sync (You'll need this when configuring CompanionLink).
- OPTIONAL: Configure DejaOffice to sync with the native Apple apps (within Setup Wizard).
Setup CompanionLink on your PC (Full Instructions)
- Download and install CompanionLink if you have not already done so. CompanionLink Downloads
- Run "CompanionLink Setup" from your desktop or start menu.
- Choose "Apple device (Wi-Fi Sync)" from the first drop-down option (Select your sync target).
- Click "Apple device Settings", and enter the IP address of your device. This info can be found on the device within DejaOffice.
- Select your contact manager from second drop-down option (Select your Contact Manager).
- Click the Contact Manager Settings button (e.g. Outlook Settings, Lotus Notes Settings...).
- Select the database you wish to synchronize with (if applicable). How to configure your contact manager.
- OPTIONAL: Configure advanced settings.
How to sync (Full Instructions)
- Ensure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to your Wi-Fi network, and that DejaOffice is running on the device.
- Open CompanionLink on your PC, and click the "Synchronize" button.
- Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within DejaOffice. Please refrain from disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network until synchronization completes.
NOTE: If you are unable to synchronize, please review our Troubleshooting Guide.
The setup video will walk you through step-by-step instructions on how to sync with iPhone or iPad via local Wi-Fi.
Full Installation Instructions
Installing DejaOffice for Apple
DejaOffice is a free application that can be installed from the Apple App Store. Simply search the App Store for "DejaOffice", or visit http://www.dejaoffice.com from your mobile device.
If you haven't already done so, install CompanionLink on your PC. If you need to download CompanionLink, visit our downloads page.
The 14-day trial software is fully functional. To register your paid license, enter the name and email address you used to purchase the software in the CompanionLink registration window (File > Register). CompanionLink is registered from within the software and requires an internet connection in order to verify your license.
For more information, view full registration instructions.
Full Configuration Instructions
Back up your Data
CompanionLink cannot be held responsible for any data corruption or data loss that may occur in conjunction with our software. CompanionLink highly recommends backing up your PC database before performing a sync and on a regular basis.
1. First, ensure that your device is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as your PC. Open DejaOffice, then select Setup Wizard.
2. Select Next, then Wi-Fi sync, and then Next.
3. Take note the the IP address given.
4. Select whether or not you wish DejaOffice to sync it's contacts with the native Apple contacts account. You will need to enable this if you want incoming calls/SMS to work with your contacts database.
5. You can also elect to sync the DejaOffice calendar with the native Apple calendar.
For additional help with DejaOffice, visit the DejaOffice Classroom.
1. Open the CompanionLink Setup icon from your desktop or start menu.
2. In the first and second dropdown please select Apple device (Wi-Fi Sync).
3. In the third dropdown please select the database you wish to sync with.
Configuring your device settings
Click the "Apple device Settings" button. Enter the IP address that you took note of earlier (this can be found in DejaOffice).
Configuring your database settings
You will now need to configure CompanionLink with the database you wish to sync with. Each contact manager works a bit differently.
Advanced settings and other options
These settings are optional, but you may want to take a look at these if this is your first sync.
Performing a Sync
1. Ensure that your Apple device is connected to your local Wi-Fi network, and that DejaOffice is running on the device.
2. Ensure CompanionLink is running on the PC, then tap "Synchronize" within CompanionLink.
3. Once the synchronization begins, you will see a working progress indicator within DejaOffice. Please refrain from disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network until synchronization completes.
NOTE: If you are unable to synchronize, please review our Wi-Fi Troubleshooting Guide for Apple.