How to turn off Google Sync on an Android device
When you set up your Android, it automatically sets your Android Contacts and Android Calendar to synchronize to Google. Here is how to turn it off:
- On the main Android home screen, hit the "Menu" key
- Open "Settings".
- Select "Accounts", "Accounts & Sync", or "Data Synchronization"
- Select the Google account. This is usually designated with the Google "G" logo.
- Uncheck Sync Contacts and Sync Calendar
- NOTE: If Auto-sync is disabled on the previous menu, you will only have the option to "Sync Now".