CompanionLink Build 4040-4042 Introduced a change to allow category filters to be applied to Calendar, Tasks, and Memos. For many people it can cause unexpected results as only Calendar, Tasks and Memos with the correct category will be included in the sync. The solution is either to use All Categories, or to ensure that the filters are applied only to Contacts.
Once you have selected Outlook as your database to sync with, the settings window should automatically appear. You can also click the gear icon next to where you have Outlook selected.
The category filter can be applied to disable the syncing of records with a certain category.
- Choose Selected Categories
- Under "Select Categories" highlight the Categories you wish to sync
- Select the Applications you wish to apply the filter to
Any applications not checked will not have a filter applied and will sync all records.
If one of your application shows 0 records have been synced please ensure there is not a filter applied.
1. This option prompts whether or not the Contacts are set to sync. If the box is unchecked Contacts are not set to sync. This option is also available for Calendar, Tasks and Notes.
2. This options prompts which direction information will travel. If you select your PDA to Outlook the information will transfer from your PDA to Outlook, but Outlook information will not sync to the PDA. If you select Outlook to your PDA the information will transfer from Outlook to your PDA, but information from the PDA will not be synced to Outlook. The option to Sync Both Ways will allow the information from your Outlook to be sent to your PDA, and information from your PDA will be sent to Outlook. These options are also available for Calendar, Tasks, and Notes.
3. This option prompts on the next sync for the information on your PDA to be cleared, and the information from Outlook will then be synced to the phone. This option is also available for Calendar, Tasks, and Notes.
- Note: This option can only be used from Outlook to your PDA. Please be aware CompanionLink will not perform a purge on your database.
4. This option allows you to choose the Primary Database. This means if you select Outlook as your primary, if you delete content on your PDA the content would remain in Outlook.
NOTE: In CompanionLink 5, the Outlook folders tab can be found under Advanced Settings or by clicking on the gear next to 'Sync with Microsoft Outlook'.
1. This option allows you to specify which folder from Outlook you would like to sync.
2. This option allows to specify whether or not to sync subfolders.