Do you know how to sync your Hotmail or Outlook.com account with Microsoft Outlook? Many people who use Outlook on a regular basis are not aware that this is possible. Microsoft has developed a free add-in to address this need, which is known as Outlook Connector. Information on how to set up Outlook with Hotmail or Outlook.com accounts with Outlook Connector can be found here.
Hotmail Connector is a free add-in for Microsoft Outlook. I performed a test run of this add-in with my copy of Outlook here at the office during the course of my research yesterday, and was unable to get it to work. I was unable to find a contact phone number for support for this issue, and was directed by their website to self-help forums and a very expensive after-hours support package.
Regardless, this free tool is great at integrating the basic contact and calendar data from Hotmail accounts with Outlook for PC. An advanced user or business person will likely demand more functionality, however, as they depend on categories, task management, calendars and alarms to manage their work day. In addition, Outlook Hotmail Connector does not directly interface with a user’s existing PST file (a new PST must be created for the data to be imported). This is not desirable in a business setting, as the Hotmail contacts will not be automatically consolidated with the existing Outlook data.
Why is CompanionLink the Best Outlook Hotmail Connector Alternative for Business Professionals?
- CompanionLink allows you to sync Hotmail (Outlook.com) with your existing Outlook PST data file.
- Synchronization of tasks, categories, notes, and contact pictures are supported, unlike with Outlook Connector.
- CompanionLink for Outlook comes with free technical support over the phone.
- Outlook Connector was not designed specifically for business-oriented synchronization; it is primarily a way to view your Hotmail inbox within Microsoft Outlook.
- CompanionLink supports Outlook 2000 – 2013, in both 32 and 64 bit configurations.
- Outlook Connector does not allow support greater than 1,000 contacts, and recurring appointments may not be supported either.
Sync Microsoft Outlook with Outlook.com using CompanionLink as your Outlook Hotmail connector alternative, today! Click here for more information, including our fourteen day free trial offer.
*Image source: Wikimedia Commons