Email accounts (and related services) are all about communication. Companies both large and small depend on contact lists, calendar entries, and tasks within programs such as Microsoft Outlook for effective communication and time management. It is essential for this communication to extend beyond one application – and even beyond computers as a platform. In this day and age, smartphones, tablets, PDAs, and phablets have become essential tools of communication with customers and co-workers, thanks to companies such as Google. So, how do you sync Gmail with Outlook?
All Syncs are Not Created Equal
For users who prefer a free, albeit very limited Google to Outlook synchronization process, there are a few solutions. It is possible to set up a new IMAP account within Microsoft Outlook, which can be connected with a Gmail account. However, this does not support full synchronization of existing Outlook data. Instructions for this process can be found here. A free program named Contacts Sync also exists, but “it appears to ignore Gmail entries without data in the last-name or e-mail fields,” according to Dennis O’Reilly of CNET. Neither of these free work-arounds appear to be a viable solution for business-oriented environments, in which data integrity is of critical importance.
Additionally, Google recently discontinued its free offering of its App Sync, which has left many people wondering what the best way is to sync Gmail with Outlook. Though this option is still available for paid users of Google Apps for Business, this may be cost prohibitive at $50 per year for every user.
Sync Gmail with Outlook via CompanionLink
- CompanionLink was designed for professionals who require functionality, reliability and performance.
- No changes to your existing Outlook account are needed.
- CompanionLink for Google offers a fully featured method to sync Gmail with Outlook data (PST files) — Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks are supported.
- Your license is a one time fee; there is no expensive recurring cost.
- Sync Gmail with Outlook free for two weeks, when you start your trial.
- Free, detailed setup guides are also available for this process.
These facts and more make CompanionLink for Google the clear choice for your sync!