For the business-savvy professional with an Android smartphone, phablet or tablet who uses Microsoft Outlook every day, the question of the month is “How do I sync Outlook calendar with Android?” This valuable synchronization option was previously made possible using a free service from Google. However, this option has since been discontinued, and there isn’t a lot of information available about what the best option is, going forward. CompanionLink for Outlook is just what the doctor ordered.
Two-Way Sync Between Outlook and Your Android
It is possible to import your Google calendar into Outlook using the ICAL protocol. However, performing two-way synchronization between your non-exchange Outlook calendar and an Android device can seem very difficult, as there is no fully featured proprietary solution from either Google or Microsoft at present. In addition, carrier or device specific solutions often fall short of expectations and do not offer free technical support over the phone.
Unlike the solutions our competitors offer, CompanionLink for Outlook supports seamless sync between Android and Outlook calendars with no add-ins or plug-ins required. Plus, free technical support via phone and email is available! Device specific calendar management apps, which are not supported on all Android smartphones, typically do not offer high integrity synchronization of additional conduits. These include Contacts, Tasks, Notes and Journal. CompanionLink’s free Android app, DejaOffice, supports all of these with a consistent user experience no matter what device it is installed on.
How to Sync Outlook Calendar with Android
CompanionLink for Outlook makes bi-directional sync with Android devices easy! Just perform the following steps (and be sure to view our Setup Guides for additional information):
- Download and install the free two week free trial of CompanionLink for Outlook onto your PC, and download the DejaOffice CRM app onto your Android (available from the Play Store)
- In CompanionLink for Outlook, set the “Device you want to sync with” to Android
- Next, choose from seven possible sync methods (USB, WIFI, Cloud and Bluetooth options are available!)
- From CompanionLink’s “Select your PC or web database” dropdown menu, choose Microsoft Outlook 2000 – 2013
- Complete the DejaOffice Setup Wizard on your Android
- Press “Sync”
For all of your Outlook and Android calendar sync needs, CompanionLink has you covered.