Multiple reports starting the afternoon of Monday, August 5 confirm the much-rumored demise of the Google Calendar Sync utility. People who were able to sync Monday morning report getting Error 2016 later in the day. It appears Google has left the building for MS Outlook Calendar sync for free Gmail accounts.
People are turning to 3rd-party apps to fill the void. The right app for you depends on which specifics you value and the total cost of ownership.
Some things to factor in your decision:
- will one license purchase allow install on all of your PCs
- CompanionLink allows install on 3 PCs
- what are the support options (forum, email, phone, chat) in case you need help
- CompanionLink offers phone and email support no cost
- how long has the company been in business
- CompanionLink has supported Google Calendar sync since 2006 and in business since 1988
- is there a free trial
- CompanionLink offers a free 14-day trial
- is there a no-questions-asked refund policy
- CompanionLink has a 90-day no-questions-asked policy
- what is the software update policy
- CompanionLink offers free software updates
- what other fields are synced
- CompanionLink sync Google calendar, categories, contacts, tasks, and contact photos
- CompanionLink is $39.95 after discount code ALTGCS is applied
No related posts.